Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Only Highlight of Election Day

November 4th was Grandpa's birthday, so at least something good came out of that day.
Grandma wanted to get a picture of Grandpa with the greats. Marah wasn't too excited about it.

My mom gave Grandpa a bottomless bag of goodies. Lily just kept pulling one candy out at a time and filling up Grandpa's hands and lap.

Marah sniffed out the bag as soon as it was set a side. One sucker is never enough.




One of the gifts in that bag was a toy airplane. Grandpa had a lot of fun trying to hit people with it and he was a pretty good shot. One of the other toys was a gun that shot suction cup darts. Grandpa kept aiming for Grandma's rearend. I actually took a few of his stray bullets. It was fun watching him having so much fun with cheap little toys. It is hard to think of what to get Grandpa when he just doesn't need anything, but I was impressed with what my mom came up with. They were just silly things that would be thrown away then next day but they created some fun memories. I love how Grandpa is always up for playing. You can't help but be happy when you are around him. He may not remember our names but you know he loves us.


Lily made him a cute elephant card that she was so excited to give him. I'm so glad she has had some time with her great grandpa.

Here is him throwing the plane. I wish I would have gotten some of him shootin' people with the gun, especially him being after grandma.

2 comments:

Haggle said...

I am sad I missed it, But so thankful you put this up so I can feel like I was there!

LOVE YOU GRANDPA

Lovely Lisa said...

LOL! That is so how my grandpa would be, shooting Grandma in the butt. :) Looks like fun!