Tuesday, November 17, 2009

just a bunch of catch up

We went for a little pic nic at the end of September. We went on a photo shoot walk. Lily got her first chance at trying her photography skills. She loved it and really got in to it. She took some pretty good pictures.
From family

From family

From family

From family

From family
She got a picture of me taking a picture of whatever.
From family
Thought it was funny that she got a picture of ... that.
From family
We were enjoying the mountains and the beautiful weather so much we actually decided to do an impromptu camping trip. We were just a few minutes from our house, so Sam ran home and got a few essentials for the night. Sam and I slept in our little tent and the girls got to sleep in the jeep. They loved it so much and cannot stop talking about it.
From family
I thought this was a pretty cool picture that Lily got of one of the many deer we saw on the way home.
From family
The next day we envited my parents and my brother and his fam. up for some hobo dinners. Gotta love nap time.
From family

From family
This is Nate's first catch. It was kinda funny cuz his dad was not even paying attention. I looked down there and nate was calm as could be and I saw something flopping next to him in the water. I yelled at Justin and he was there in a second helping his son catch his first fish, although, it seems he didn't need any help.
From family
Nate's wedding was in Manti which is where Anna is from and they happened to be in town, so she invited me on my much awaited horse ride with her. The girls got to ride the horse's for a second when we got back. I had a blast Anna! Thank you so much. You and your family are completely awesome!
From family

From family
This next pic needs a little explaining. We had a murder mystery date night with a group of friends and we were suppose to dress up. I guess I had Ms. Scarlet in mind when I came up with this outfit. I was incharge of bringing the spooky drink, so I froze some bloody hand ice cubes for the drink.
From family

From family
Marah and Nate got to go to my Uncle's pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins.
From family

From family

From family

From family
Lily had to stay home :( She got hit pretty hard with the piggy flu. She had a 105 temp at one point and got me a little concerned. It was kinda reaching epidemic levels here and was a little scary. I know this is a little extreme but I found myself thinking about mom's in the olden days and how they feared the deadly sicknesses that would hit and kill so many. If their kids got one of the epidemics going around their town they could easily die. I knew Lily wasn't going to die from this but the experience gave me the slightest glimpse of what these mom's felt like when their child suddenly became sick with something that had killed others in their town.
From family
Marah was next but didn't get nearly as bad as Lily.
From family
My two little piggies :(
From family
This is what our bathroom counter looked like for a week.
From family
....but they got better. We went outside to get some fresh air and made fall leaf crowns.
From family

From family
Sydney turned 12! I get to be with her in YW now.
From family
We got wood for G and G.
From family
My man with an axe ;-)
From family
We saw one elk.
From family
This next picture is a long story. See the not so happy look on Sam's face, it's due to a wild whim of his crazy wife. Ever since last year I've had this idea that I've wanted to bring home one of those dead spooky trees to put up for Halloween. Hence, the dead spooky tree you see Sam planting in our yard. I scratched up his truck, about died, and made him dig a hole in our yard so you can understand the look. I was excited about it, but found myself being quite embarrassed planting a dead tree in my yard. We got some pretty funny looks from passing by neighbors. Sam kept telling people we were just trying the zero landscaping thing since the lack of moisture. We definitely got some pretty good laughs. I got it decorated and loved it. Stay tuned for some awesome pics of our Halloween tree.
From family
This was Sam's first year trying his hand at hunting. He came out empty handed. Probably due to being a little side tracked by his love of fourwheeling now that I see these pictures. Better luck next year. The girls sure got into the idea of dad getting an elk. If they see a deer or an elk now, all they can think about is shooting it so they can eat it's meat.
From family
Sam has also been getting into fishing, much to my dismay. He went out on a canoe with a friend and they came home with a bunch of fish. He loved it and now he want to get a canoe. I should've known it wouldn't just end with a fishing pole.
From family
They were all out there playing with fish parts, including the girls.
From family
Pay attention to the end of this video. You can't hear the 'toot' but lily stops singing to say excuse me. Silly, silly girl..

singin' from Roxy Long on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

LOVE the pictures, Roxy! Sorry the girls got sick, but at least they didn't grow horns or anything. To hear the media talk about it, that's what H1N1 does to you. :)

Shannon said...

I love all the updates. That is such a cute picture you have on your header! I really like the leaf crowns you made.

Anna said...

that was quite the catch up! it makes me miss you guys and 'cello so much. i hope we get to see you for thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I know I already told you this, but I LOVE our family picture! I wish we lived closer to each other. PLEASE give me a call when you come up to do your Christmas shopping. You are always welcome here if you need a place to stay too! I hope to see you soon.

Brian and Martha said...

Roxy, I saw your comment on Ellie's blog. What a cute family you have.