Tuesday, September 15, 2009

home away from home

We did not get to go to my favorite place on earth last year and i was going through withdrawals, but we made it this year and it was all i remembered it to be and more. The beach was perfect, the weather beautiful, and the people were my favorites. After we got home I almost went into depression because i missed it so much. I don't think that has ever happened before. I just love Lake Powell!!
From family
Lily did awesome just swimming all over the place.
From family
Marah even got the hang of swimming by herself and I was very proud of her.
From family
This picture makes me laugh. Chris popped out from underwater and scared Lucy pretty good.
From family

From family
Justin got a fishing pole for Christmas. None of us have ever thought of ourselves as fisherman and never really have done it, but Sam borrowed a couple poles and we all kinda got into it.
From family

From family
Lily was actually fascinated by the whole fishing thing. She thought that fish head was pretty cool.
From family

From family
Chris was the only one who knew anything about cuttin' up the fish and was stuck guttin' and cookin' up all the little catfish that we caught. He did great and I even liked it.
From family
I thought it was dang cute watching Sam teach Lily how to fish. Never thought anything would come of it but sure enough she caught a catfish. You have to watch the video at the end. Since Chris was the fish cook, Lily was so excited to tell him about it. You can hear her yelling for Chris at the end of the video. She also had no problems watching it be cleaned and cut up and she said she liked eating it. Marah and Sam fished for awhile together as well. She actually caught a fish but as she was reeling it out of the water it wiggled of the line. She was ecstatic reeling it in and Sam said he has never seen such a deflated and sad look the second the fish fell back in the water. I'm really sad we didn't catch that on camera. She told her sad sad story many times that night. It was very animated and very sad but made us all laugh.
From family

From family

From family
This umbrella blew away the first day and sunk a ways out. Chris and Whits happened to see it out there and went diving for it. Think they were suppose to get $5 for their efforts?
From family
This picture was taken by whits and i edited it a little. I love it!

Untitled from Roxy Long on Vimeo.

8 comments:

jer and lous crew said...

love.love.love the sunset pic...so awesome...you need to start putting some away for the fair next year...

Haggle said...

oh man. That is priceless. The video I mean...Absolutely amazing. haha. I love that your girls actually like Chris. Makes me bubbly.

And that reminds me... mom and dad do owe me five bucks each for that. The bums!!

I LOVE LAKE POWELL. I also really really like the silhouette picture. :)
YAY!

allgirls said...

i love the sunset picture! you are amazing roxy. maybe you need to teach me how to edit pictures!!

Lovely Lisa said...

Great pics, Roxy! Looks like y'all had a wonderful time.

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

I absolutely love the last picture of the sunset. What an awesome picture

Jessie's Jargon said...

Ahhh... Lake Powell. It has been way too long. Remember our trip for NHS in high school. Good times. :)

Haggle said...

Oh man. I cant believe she said that. She is such a character. You need to have a what lily says book and marah too.

Record down everything silly like that. And put a pic with it if you can. Thatd be a fun keep sake when they are older.

Shannon said...

Lake Powell is the best! We love it too. That sunset picture is awesome! You're so talented.