Monday, September 28, 2009

August Rush...

I've been trying to avoid doing slide shows but i'm so behind. August was a busy month. Lily started school, Sam had his 30th bithday :), and Lily turned 5. A lot of big milestones. I never thought i would cry on lily's first day of school cuz i was just so excited for her and it is only 3 hours so i was pretty sure i wouldn't miss her, but it was an eye opener and i understand now why mom's cry on the first day of kindergarten. It really is a huge moment and is the first in slowly letting go. Wow, i'm about to cry just thinking about it all again. I about lost it in the classroom as i watched her jump right in and just start playing with a new friend. I think about 13 years just flew through my mind and there was a whole mix of emotions from worry, to happiness, to pride, to fear, to excitement. Will she be strong enough? Will everyone be nice to her? Will she be nice to everyone? Will she love learning? Will she choose the right when she is exposed to the wrong? Will she be happy? Will I be there for her when she needs me to be? Will I know how to be there for her through the good and the bad? I now understand why mom's cry on the first day of kindergarten.




school from Roxy Long on Vimeo.

Sam's b-day was the next event. It was the big 3-0 and I really wanted to make it special. I told him to plan on taking a long lunch and that we would have lunch and do a little birthday thing at the park. We all had lunch together and then had a birthday party at the park. It was fun doing it just as out little family. His big gift was a fishing pole and all the stuff to go with it. I'm not too sure about getting into fishing since i've never really liked it but sam and the girls are really excited about it. We had cake and then poor guy had to go back to work. His surprise was for when he got home from work and I had all of his dirt biking friends show up in our yard all geared up and ready to go. He seemed pretty excited about it. I love the video of all of them taking off. Sam is truly awesome and I am extremely lucky to have him. I love you Sam! and happy 30th birthday.




sam's b-day from Roxy Long on Vimeo.

And finally, we had lily's #5 birthday. I decided this would be her first big friend party and that it would be a carnival party. Aunt Sarah made some awsome invitations and then the girls dressed up in crazy colorful costumes to deliver them. I even dressed up a little. The invitation was not blue, it was tan, orange, yellow and red, but for some reason this is how it came up.
From

From family

We invited 7 girls and they all came. I think it was a success. They all got money at the beginning and were able to use that for tokens for the different booths or they could buy whatever they wanted from the carnival shoppe. They had a lot of fun using their money to buy things. We had a face painting booth, a fishing pond, toss 'n win game, an aim to win game, and a petting zoo complete with a velvet black bunny, 110# tortoise, our little tortoise, a surprise kitty, and chickens. I think lily's favorite was squirting the cups to win what was underneath. she kept buying tokens to go to that booth. It was definitely stressful and required a lot of help but it was a lot of fun. Grandma made the darling circus tent cake and I had fun taking pictures of it. Anyway, here is a slideshow of our rush in august. Oh, the last picture is for tonya. It was kinda dark for the family party and her little boy didn't see the firepit and fell right in. Hate to admit it but i love the picture I got of it :)
I wasn't very nice with her cake. I put the candles all the way around, but she did it.

lily's b-day from Roxy Long on Vimeo.

5 comments:

allgirls said...

Roxy, the birthday party was AMAZING.. Kaitlyn had soooo much fun and talks about it all the time! Thanks so much for inviting her... maybe I will hire you to do my girls' birthday for now on... Shelbies is on Monday!!! And the first day of school SUCKS bad. I cried with Shelbie and Kaitlyn. I bet I won't stop bawling when my baby goes to school! I think that Lily and Kaitlyn are going to have an awesome class with all those girls!!

Anna said...

Roxy good job with everything! the paty looks like it was a HUGE success - way fun idea! when we have kids im sure between you and my mom, i'll pick yor brains for ideas. just seeing pics of your girs makes myheart happy! love you guys

Haggle said...

Where was my invite? :(

That looks like so much fun. You are too awesome!

:'(

Yes, I actually got teary eyed for who knows why.

Lovely Lisa said...

Congrats to Lily on starting school! She was so dang cute in that video. Hope the enthusiasm lasts another 13 years. Somehow it's not nearly as fun by the time you get to be a senior. :)

Glad Sam had a good birthday! I'm wanting to have a big bash myself when I hit that particular milestone in December.

The birthday party looks like the best of times. That cake is amazing. Good job, Lily, for getting all those candles out!

Shannon said...

You had a very busy August. Lily's party was so much fun! And what a good wife to let Sam go motorcycle riding for his present. Awesome!