Sunday, April 19, 2009

i did it...

I just want to thank everyone for their generous comments and encouragements towards my attempts at photography. I'm really grateful that a couple of you let me do these other two photo shoots. I had a lot of fun doing them but also found myself pretty discouraged at the quality of the pictures, which ended up pushing me even one step closer to biting the bullet and getting a digital SLR camera. The justification process is complete and my new camera is on it's way! I can't believe how excited I am. I really have to thank Sam for not letting me give up on this. I have to tease him though. I keep telling him that the only reason he kept pushing me to spend this kind of money on myself was so that I wouldn't have anything on him the next time he wanted a big toy. I am definitely only teasing, he has genuinely wanted me to do this for a long time. I ended up getting a canon 50d SLR camera. It's definitely way more than I can handle at this point, especially since the only thing I know about cameras is how to push the button that takes the picture. It's intimidating how much there is to learn, but i'm actually finding myself to be very excited about learning about this camera. Being a mom of toddlers is amazing and a challenge everyday but this is a whole different challenge that I'm ready to take on. I'm already learning a little about ISO's, apertures, different lenses, f/, sensor sizes, and whatever else... Anyway, if you can't tell, I'm just way excited about it all and now I need to make another offer for anyone who wants to let me try out my new camera on them. Hopefully I'll be getting it sometime this week.... man, it feels like i'm 10 again waiting for Christmas. Didn't realize how much I missed that feeling. I just want to thank everyone again for all the support. Your comments really have helped.

These pictures are some 'just-for-fun' prom pictures. She is so gorgeous and I can't believe the dess she found!





The following are some pictures of one of my friends two darling kids. I don't usually go crazy over babies, but this little guy is irresistable.






10 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Yaay, Roxy! I'm so excited for you. Good luck!

Anna said...

oh my gosh those are quality photos, roxy! i'm so excited that you're getting a new camera, and really pursuing this hobby of yours. i wish i knew more about photography! you are such an inspiration

Maddie said...

those are fantastic roxy! i'm so excited for you and your new camera :) i know that waiting feeling, almost unbearable! you'll love the camera, i'm so pleased with my canon.

Jan said...

You look like a professional. I am really serious that I would like family pictures done. I'm just not sure when I can talk J. into getting them done.

Anonymous said...

When you get it and you want to try it out you can try doing Keziah again. We will be living here in Grandma and Grandpas house for the rest of the year. So yea anytime, anywhere!:) You are doing great! I love the pictures!

Katie said...

Those are beautiful Roxy! I love them. And I'm so excited for you, you will love your camera. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes. I was wondering though, what editing software you use? I am looking for something new, and love the effects you create in your photos.

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I can't wait to see pictures done with your new camera! I can't remember the last time I felt that excited about something. Good for you!

Jessie's Jargon said...

Man! What a great hobby! I wanted to minor in photography and BYU doesn't allow it... It's either a major or nothing. I love photography! Definitely something I'd like to pick up myself someday.

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Wow, woman. Why did I not know about your gift for photography??? I bet K LOVES her prom pictures! You really captured how gorgeous & sweet of a girl she is. So, um. We have a fam reunion in December. You wanna do a shoot of all us Redds then??? Seriously, email me your info and we can get it all setup.

Erin said...

These look great. Good luck with the photo thing. The best thing you can do is practice, practice, practice. If you have any questions let me know, especailly about business stuff. There is so much to do that you don't think about when you first get started.