We had a lot of fun celebrating the 24th this year. It didn't take long for Marah to get into the whole candy thing. Of course she was shoving them in her mouth faster then she was getting them in the bag.
The park was a lot of fun just hangin out on the grass and seeing all the people. I spent most of the time waiting in lines but there was a lot of good food and it was worth it. The highlight of the day is always the fireworks. It's tradition to get as close as we can and then we are always covered in ash by the end. I always love the fireworks here. This small town holds it's own. This was Marah's first experience with them. She watched them but I don't know if she liked them. Lily had a lot of fun with the fireworks. I just found myself thinking about how much I love living in this small town atmosphere. We were able to just walk to everything, the crowds are pretty much all people you know, and I know we would have never made front row at the fireworks anywhere but here since we're always running late. It's just a great place to be!
6 comments:
Wonderful time. Definetly.
I loved it.
It was great to see you and your kids as always.
MONTICELLO FIREWORKS ROCK!
Yeah, I remeber them being just out side the back door on the little stone wall ya know?
Mom says that she and grandma would put them on the roof. Keep em' away from flies.
My second batch turned out great. Cept it sloushed all over my car at first. I know have leather car seats. ha, luxurious right?
So jealous of 4th and 24th festivities. We had a pretty lame July as far as that goes. The videos don't seem to be working-- I'll have to check back later. But the pictures are SO cute!
yeah, i'd have to say that this little town really knows how to put on a good celebration! there's a movie called 'the errand of angels' coming out towards the end of the month... we should go see it - it looked good!
Looks like you had a lot of fun! Lily has the prettiest blue eyes!
Yaay, I got it to work! Sweet fireworks! It's fun to hear your voice again. :)
Post a Comment