The pathway up to the new ampitheatre is lined with these awesome posts that light up and have the young women and boyscout values on them.
This is Lily and some of the other kids trying to encourage poor Martha to keep trying on her long forgotten accordian. She did great and she was hilarious to watch. She is one of my favorite people. Love you Martha!
You guessed it! That is Lily centerstage, shakin' her booty! People were bustin' up. To make matters worse, she had slipped in the mud earlier and was then wearing huge cut off pants, tied up with a rope, and she had to keep hiking them up as she was dancing. The first time she did this was pretty funny, but then the next act was a little shy girl trying to sing for everyone when my unruley child jumps back up on the stage and begins dancing circles around this poor child. I was at the top of the crowd and had to run down through all these people and practically tackle her off the stage, all the time trying to hide my face. Needless to say, I was mortified. Poor Lily just wanted to dance.
Marah was just having fun watching it all and in style.
Finally, Lily was suppose to be on the stage, and me, well I was forced. As this video shows, my talent is definetely not dancing, but the miamaid class and it's advisors were asked to help the middle back person with the talent she was turned in for, which was dancing. She didn't want to do it alone, but she is really good if you watch her. Lily did her scream and rock on pose at the end of the dance. Lily made quite the name for herself. People kept telling me she needs to be in some sort of dance classes, since she seems to love the stage so much. The whole thing was a lot of fun and I'm glad I had an adventure just with us girls.
8 comments:
Roxy, that picture at the heading of your blog is ADORABLE!! Your girls are so cute! I can just imagine little Lily up on stage shaking her booty! She is so funny!
HAHAHA. Roxy. I would have loved to see Lily dancing up there. I am so so jealous.
Bah.
oh and all those comments made my morning. haha. Thank You Thank You.
oh and I will email you instructions and what not on how to do the photo blog thing. :)
thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. it made my day! i need to go to moab or cortez sometime this week to get passport pictures... wanna come?
How fun that looks like it was such a blast! You're so dang fun Roxanne...sorry Clint's wearing on me with the whole Roxy thing. Your kids are the cutest and Lily is so confident and has no doubt in anything...wonder where that comes from. Your a great example! Love ya!
How funny! I love the idea of a girls-only campout!!
I forgot to say that the video CRACKS ME UP! It reminds me of the roomie days when all the other girls would go crazy and you would try, but then get too embarrassed. :)
Hi Roxy! Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog. I'm still in Spanish Fork. Not doing a whole lot. Just got a promotion at work so I'm learning to be a director and supervise supervisors..lol. How's life for you. You girls are darling. Well, maybe now I will be able to keep in touch better. We shall see.
Oh, And I wont be able to make you a layout...
But you could just make an additional blog and put a link to it...
:)
Post a Comment