We had an incredible Christmas and it's always sad when it's gone so quickly. Here are just some of the pictures of our fabulous time!
Uncle Jeremy came and the girls just loved his attention.
Mars-bars trying to be like her favorite Aunt Whits.
Following tradition, the girls get to open their new p.j. presents on Christmas Eve. I decided to let them open their presents from their Grandma L. because I knew they were blankets and thought they would like taking them to bed the night before Christmas. They were the cutest blankets ever and the girls absolutely loved them. Sam and I got one as well and the girls made sure we all wore them where ever we went that night and then on to the next morning. So, thanks grandma for the awesome gifts. The girls have slept with them every night since Christmas as well.
You know.... I really thought Marah would like this wig for dress-ups....I was wrong.
This is a contraband gift from my mom that she got from the sherriff's office. It got a good laugh and I'm sure Sam will have fun using this guy as a target.
This picture is obviously leading up to the next.
Yep, it's what it looks like. The girls got a fourwheeler from grandma and grandpa!! It was a surprise for Sam as well because it is just as much a gift for him as it is for the girls. Mom is not so sure what she thinks but Sam is definitely excited. It needs work so we haven't tried it yet. Marah and lily both got helmets, gloves, and goggles, so stay tuned for their first ride.
This is my all time favorite picture of the day. A picture of sisters holding pictures of sisters. These were the tear jerker gifts of the day as well. I guess when my dad saw this picture of his 'roxy' girl and his 'rock climber' girl climbing rocks together, he knew he had to do something with it. If you know my dad, you know his love for rocks and just how many meanings there are behind this gift for me. In fact, he always tells me the reason he named me roxy was because of this love. Anyway, the one on the left is a frame he actually made out of rock and they both say 'rock on'. I was amazed. It's gifts like these that you never forget. Thank you so much mom and dad for making such an awesome gift. Little Marah just loved cuddling with Uncle Jeremy while he was here and I loved this picture.
Lily and her Aunt Sarah.
We went sledding at the school during the break and had lots of cheap fun.
I was so proud of Lily for being brave enough to jump off. She is usually such a chicken.
Couple days later, Sam, me, and a couple friends ditched the kids and got to try out my awesome new snow shoes that Sam got for me (and him). We had a pic nic on this gorgeous spot and then had a blast sledding down some fun hills on the way back. I'm excited to get out and explore some more. We want to try to rig our bike trailer into a sled so we can take the girls along. The following is just a slide show of a bunch of other pictures I liked.
Those are awesome gifts indeed. I like the rock frames. They remind me of those log candles you gave everybody back when we were roommates. I still have mine, and it's even carved with the right letters. :)
it looks like you guys had tons of fun over the holidays. I love the frames your dad made, those are awesome,he should sell them. Your girls are way cute!
4 comments:
aw, what cool gifts! and such cute pictures of it all! your family does "rock" (hehe), i love you guys!
Those are awesome gifts indeed. I like the rock frames. They remind me of those log candles you gave everybody back when we were roommates. I still have mine, and it's even carved with the right letters. :)
it looks like you guys had tons of fun over the holidays. I love the frames your dad made, those are awesome,he should sell them. Your girls are way cute!
yay. these pictures made my day.
I love the ones of the girls and Jerb. So cute.
And of course our picture rocks. literally.
Man. Im just in love...ill post a christmas blog soon
Post a Comment